Saturday, April 9, 2011

Test

This my friends is simply a test.  I have decided to convey all of these random thoughts I have into something a little more cohesive.  I absolutely enjoy the blogs of Dave, Justin and Garth so I thought I would give this a whirl.

First and foremost this will not be as well written as theirs, but that is my prerogative!

Okay, so first things first.  If you have the chance and the patience check out this movie called "Monsters".  I caught it last night on Netflix and it was surprising good.  It is about the aftermath of a pseudo alien invasion.  A photographer is sent to bring back a wealthy-man's daughter from Mexico.  Without getting into to too much I will see the camera shots and acting are spot on.  The aliens at first look really lame but when you get a good shot of them, they are golden.  Plus it isn't like any other alien movie I've seen.  And I have seen quite a few.  All in all, out of my newly dubbed "Erock Pompous Ass Rating System"... I give it three out of five.  Just to be clear on how my system works; of all the movies I have ever watched, only eight have gotten a full five stars.  The Godfather sits atop the list in spot one.  Jungle 2 Jungle with Tim Allen and Martin Short received a 1 star.  I don't give out zeros because that would just defeat the purpose.

Well I think that is enough for my very first one.  I hope you all enjoyed it.  If not, well you can go "blog" yourself with an iron stick.

Don't be a fool, wrap your tool...

One

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I just put Monsters in my queue? Yes I did!! Glad to see you on the blogosphere, my good man!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monsters was excellent. I agree, it's a 3 outta 5 movie, but it's well done, especially considering how low-budget it was (half a million dollars), and it feels more like "Slumdog Millionaire" or Oliver Stone's "Salvador" than your typical alien film. I love all the blogs you guys write. Not sure why it took us all so long to get into this blog thing, but I like it.

    ReplyDelete