Sunday, October 23, 2011

Episode VI - Return of the Playlist

So we are finally to the final 34 songs in my playlist entitled "The Epitomy of Mixes".  I have counted down 67 songs that I drunkenly put on this list and overall I will say that I'm very pleased with this list.  Although don't be too surprised if I do a sober remastered version of this list.  And now that I have Spotify (thank you Justin and Dave), I'm also going to convert these into playlists on that and post it on facebook.  Or maybe not.

So there are only two artists that shouldn't have made this list but that is what happens when you quickly make a list (while intoxicated) and try to cram it all on there.  I definitely should have gone back and made adjustments but I think that would have kind of defeated the purpose.  The two people who shouldn't have made this list are D'Angelo and New Edition.  While I love some N.E. I picked one of their weaker songs.  As for D'Angleo... who the hell knows what I was thinking.  Oh and somehow Blackstreet makes two appearances which = :-(

Also I have noticed that when I shuffled the list to give it a great random feel, it took like 5 or 6 hip-hop songs and lumped them at the bottom.  So the bottom of the list isn't as diverse as I would like to be.

So lets cut the crap and get right down to it.  The final 34 songs of my 101 "The Epitomy of Mixes" list starts with...

68. Unbelievable - The Notorious B.I.G
69. The Day I Tried To Live - Soundgarden
70. History - Tenacious D
71. Mind Eraser, No Chaser - Them Crooked Vultures
72. 10,000 Days (Wings Part II) - Tool
73. No Diggity - Blackstreet feat. Dr. Dre
74. The Influence - Jurassic 5
75. Santeria - Sublime
76. Strangled - Snake River Conspiracy
77. Me And Those Dreamin' Eyes Of Mine - D'Angelo
78. It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday - Boyz II Men (Beatles Cover)
79. The Greatest View - Silverchair
80. Paranoid Android - Radiohead
81. Imagine - John Lennon
82. Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
83. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
84. Planet Of The Apes - Mindless Self Indulgence
85. Bathwater - No Doubt
86. N.E. Heartbreak - New Edition
87. Living For The City - Stevie Wonder
88. Rope - Foo Fighters
89. Make Some Noise - Beastie Boys
90. Mr. Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra
91. Universal Mind Control - Common
92. Flesh Of My Flesh, Blood Of My Blood
93. The City Is Mine - Jay-Z feat. Blackstreet
94. Kokomo - The Beach Boys
95. Cherchez La Ghost - Ghostface Killah
96. I'm Illy - T.I.
97. Wasted - Ludacris
98. Otis - Jay-Z & Kanye West
99. How To Love - Lil' Wayne
100. I'm On Everything - Bad Meets Evil (Eminem & Royce Da 5'9")
101. Pot of Gold - Game feat. Chris Brown

1 comment:

  1. Radiohead through Electric Light Orchestra is one of the best sections on a mix I have ever heard, including the aforementioned New Edition song, no-less!! Good Work brother!

    ReplyDelete